“For I am the LORD your God, Who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.”
We, us Mamas, let’s vow to never give up.
To the Mama who:
* pushed for the last time after too many hours of labour only to watch her precious one be whisked away not knowing if she’ll survive.
* longed to hold her preemie in the NICU isolette attached to too many lines and tubes.
* held her head in her hands while complete exhaustion swept over her amongst the arguing, and bickering that just doesn’t seem to stop some days.
* fosters and is preparing to let another out of her arms and into his forever family.
* now on her own does everything; provides, cooks, cleans, drives, cuddles, cuts the grass, shovels the sidewalk, walks the dog, helps with homework, reads bedtime stories,…
* watches as a derogatory picture of her beautiful daughter spreads all over social media and sees how her beauty is now tainted.
* has stayed up all night wondering where her son is, only to wake up to pounding doors and greeted by police officers.
* has sat beside her worn child with red, sullen eyes wild with drug induced alterations watching him fall out of her reach.
* sees the hopelessness in her precious ones countenance and wonders if the next time he tries, he will succeed in ending his life.
* comes alongside her daughter and provides a home for her and her grandchildren
raises her grandchild as her own.
* has lost her heart’s desire to heaven.
Never give up. Let’s vow to never give up. Let’s do all we can to fight with and for them.
We may be the only ones fighting for our precious ones; but let’s fight; long, hard and with all we have. Sacrificially.
Let’s not hide in our shame, guilt, worry, business and blame. These only work against us and more importantly them.
It’s true we don’t have what it takes, we never did. And this is exactly what it’s not about. But There is something beyond us that offers hope.
I have seen it with my own eyes my friends. I have experienced it myself. Beautiful Mamas that have reached beyond their own abilities in these exact situations and held onto the hand of their Almighty.
They have dropped to their knees and prayed feverishly and unceasing.
They have cried out to their Maker time and time and time again with tear stricken faces.
They have believed in His promises and the Truths in the Word.
They have tribed together in prayer and supplication with others in trusting confidence; bearing each other’s burdens.
No matter the outcome, let’s vow to never give up and with Jesus fight hard for our precious ones.
For it’s an honour and a privilege to be a Mama!!
Happy Mother’s Day Beautiful Warrior Mama!!